Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
This variety is commonly known as Olibanum and is considered to be the richest and most exquisite in scent and quality. Wild-harvested in India, its aroma contains very fresh lemon, citrus, and pine notes.
Frankincense is among the most widely used of all essential oils. Its benefits are numerous and it has been used extensively in traditional cultures for many thousands of years. Frankincense oil is revered for its powerfully uplifting and clarifying effects on the body and mind. When diffused in your home, it provides protection for you and your family encourages healthy moods. It will turn the fragrance of your home into that of a temple!
A few drops of this high-quality frankincense oil can be applied to the palms, rubbed together and directly inhaled. This produces an instantaneous clarifying effect and a strong activation of the life-force (prana). Frankincense essential oil can also be mixed with a carrier oil such as coconut or sesame and massaged into the skin to help the body stay limber and relaxed. It is particularly helpful for those who practice yoga.
A few drops of the oil can be sprinkled on a hot, wet towel and applied to the chest to open the lungs and enhance deep breathing. Among frankincense's many attributes is its use as a spiritual tool for ritual, prayer and meditation. Used in worship for thousands of years, it is valued both for its many healing powers and for its intoxicating fragrance. Frankincense can properly be said to belong to the family of sacred scents
HOW TO USE FRANKINCENSE SERRATA ESSENTIAL OIL
Perhaps the easiest way to use frankincense oil is through a simple direct palm inhalation.
- Place a drop of this incredible oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and inhale deeply. The aroma brings clarity, protection and a meditative mind.
- Add a drop to your favorite skincare cream to help give clarity and luster to the skin.
- Add several drops and apply as a cold compress to soothe any specific area of the body.
- Add several drops of frankincense oil to any massage oil to soothe the skin, and relax the entire body and mind.
FRANKINCENSE SERRATA ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES
- Deep Breathing Blend: 8 drops frankincense oil, 6 drops Eucalyptus globulus oil, 3 drops rosemary oil, 3 drops pine oil and 2 drops peppermint oil for diffusion, or in 30 mL of jojoba oil for topical application or direct inhalation.
- Meditation Blend: 8 drops frankincense oil, 6 drops sandalwood oil, 3 drops opoponax oil and 3 drops cedar wood oil for diffusion, or in 30 mL of jojoba oil for topical application or direct inhalation.
- Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
- Family: Burseraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Origin: India
- Method of Extraction: Hydro Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Gum Resin
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 3% - 5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF FRANKINCENSE SERRATA ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Base to middle
- Odor: Clean, resinous, woody, balsamic
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Blends Well With: Citrus oils such as grapefruit oil and bergamot oil, spice oils such as basil oil and black pepper oil, also neroli oil, sandalwood oil, galbanum oil
FRANKINCENSE SERRATA ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY GUIDELINES
Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Do not take frankincense essential oil internally.